This module enables the use of some special features (e.g. Service Workers, Manifest) in the modern browsers of mobile devices to build PWA, which can
- Pre-configure the web app name, theme and background colors
- Configure the app logo if not the default website logo
- Specify pages which should be cached adn still available while offline.
- Specify pages which should not be cached
- An offline page which tells the users that he is currently offline
Follow normal module installation procedure.
There are 2 sub-modules coming with it:
- Progressive Web App
- Progressive Web App Extras - additional settings for Apple or iOS devices
- Go to Admin > Configuration > Progressive web app > Settings @ Configuration Page Location @ /admin/config/pwa/settings
- Follow instructions to configure the Manifest settings. It has more to do with the appearance of the web app on the screen. In particular:
- Image: This is the application icon, which requires png files with min dimensions 512x512 pixels. After resizing, it will be 512x384 pixels
- Short name: The name of the web app which will appear on the mobile by default, but user can change it on his own..
- Follow instructions to configure the Service Workers settings. It is to define which pages are cached, and which not.
- For Apple / iOS devices, also enable the Progressive Web App Extra and configure the settings accordingly
To use this module, there are some requirements on the server:
- PHP 7.2 or greater
- Support secure connections using HTTPS