In Drupal 8, this module works on Field fields and enables an online viewers to display the following document files on the web page, including:
- Adobe Acrobat .pdf
- Microsoft Word .doc/.docx
- Microsoft Excel .xls/.xlsx
- Microsoft PowerPoint .ppt/.pptx files
Follow normal module installation procedure.
Files to be displayed using this module must be accessible on the open web. The Drupal system must not be behind a firewall, and must be reachable by normal web users. The files must be stored as public.
The viewer is set to the following default in Drupal 8:
- width: 80%
- margin: 10% on left and right
- height: 400px
- border: 1px solid black
If these settings are not satisfactory, they need to be modified in CSS, which is located @ /module/gdoc_field/css/gdoc_field.css.
How to Use
- Use the Field field in target content type. Add one if not available.
- Under Manage Display, set the Format of the Field field to Embedded Google Documents Viewer.
- By default, the viewer's width is 80% with 10% margin on left and right. Height is 400px by default, with a 1px solid black border. If this is not satisfactory, modification of CSS at the module is needed. Refer to Configuration tab above for details.
The viewer cannot display the following:
- graphic files, such as png, jpg, gif
- open document format downloaded from google docs
- file too large